Saturday, November 13, 2010

First times

Everyone has a first for everything.  Their first drive, first day of school, first baby, and in our case last night - our first time to leave Grayson with some babysitters.

Up until now it's kind of hard to imagine that Grayson has never been away from either Shelby or myself for more than two months now, but yesterday the time came.  Honestly, it wasn't too hard for myself (maybe that's just the maleness speaking) but I believe Shelby struggled a wee bit and I don't blame her.  I can't even begin to imagine the bond a mother and child have after the pregnancy, birth, and countless hours spent one on one (like in our case).

We're also really fortunate to have some great babysitters always on standby, Joseph and Breana.   They gladly accepted to watch Grayson at their place while Shelby and I went to Red Lobster in Pearland to get a bite by ourselves.  The funniest part was that when we parked, we both got out and I started to walk around the car to get "Grayson" out of the car.  Ha - he wasn't there.  Anyways the food and service were great, and the time alone was duly noted.  We headed back to pick of Grayson and were both surprised to see Joe all cuddled up with Grayson watching the Boise St. game.  Breana wasn't actually able to be there when we were gone, but she hurried back home when we decided to hang out at their place a little bit.

Great times

1 comment:

shelby said...

It would have been MUCH harder for me to leave Grayson if we weren't blessed with AMAZING babysitters :)