Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF

Medical school.  It consumes me.

Today was my first time to participate with the recruitment reps here at Baylor for an incoming medical student interview day.  My task was simple - to give tour guides around our basic science facilities.  It was a lot of fun to hear about everyones background and how they came to Baylor, or why they want to come here next year.  I think Baylor does a decent job at advertising and promoting their school amidst all the financial instability and gossip that circulates.  I've really enjoyed meeting and getting to know all my classmates, professors, and mentors and think the world of all of them.  Granted, some of my classmates are weird, they have 42 mcat scores, 4.0 gpa, and have published in top journals - but that's the exception, not the rule. I've come to realize that  most everyone is just like me.  Just a normal person, somewhat insecure about school, but eager to learn and admit they don't know everything.

After finishing up block 2 (CRR- cardio, renal, resp) and seeing that our class average only got higher from a 86 to an 87 I understand how dedicated all my classmates are, and how well the professors and their TAs prepare us.  It's not easy, but it's definitely doable.

On a second note, I didn't mention anything of Veteran's Day two days ago- so in remembrance I like many crossfitters out there, will do "Murph" tomorrow.  To see how it goes, tune in tomorrow.  

No comments: